MLS Season 14, Day 4, Race 1, Blue Group, Manual Protest Jammin and Cancel Explanation

defender

MLS Season 14, Day 4, Race 1, Blue Group, Manual Protest Jammin and Cancel Explanation

Post by defender »

Submission Type:

1. Your registered Boat Name: Defender

2. Race Day: 4

3. Group (colour): Blue

4. Race (number): 10 (ACC) Yvonne 2

5. Time (in Replay): from 15.02

6. Rule(s) applicable: 15, (2)

7. Boat(s) involved: Jammin

Description: At about 14 :14 at upwind mark Jamming get a pen 10. After the large reach, Defender proceeds in downwind leg leeward of Jammin. Jammin, who had his 10 cancelled, suddenly decides to jibe just in front of Defender. Defender jibes immediately to respond to the maneuver but Jamming instead of taking a proper course, luffs more (was it a broach ?) without giving to Defender time to react (RRS15) . Defender is stopped and receives Penalty 11.

Defender asked and got the cancellation of the penalty 11.

Therefore Defender ask for redress for the time lost due to Jamming stop.

It is not clear if Jammin manoeuver was a consequence of a broach or an intentional manoeuver.

9. Print Screen attached (required for a manual protest):
Screenshot
Screenshot
1.jpg (739.33 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
10. Replay attached (recommended):
Yvonne 2(03'01''93).Replay.Gbx
Replay
(3.87 MiB) Downloaded 185 times
Jammy Dodger

Re: MLS Season 14, Day 4, Race 1, Blue Group, Manual Protest Jammin and Cancel Explanation

Post by Jammy Dodger »

It was an intentional manouvre to do a last second 360. I was awaiting a cancellation request from No mercy after you luffed us both (illegally in my view) and also another from regis as you described which regis eventually cancels very late. No mercy did not cancel or even respond to my request.

I find very strange that you where not aware of the situation as you where there the whole way around and I guess had the chat on which describes the situation very clearly. A bit of a suspicious and strange explanation by you.

Anyway my apology for stopping you. I did not expect you to turn into me like you did.
euphoria

Re: MLS Season 14, Day 4, Race 1, Blue Group, Manual Protest Jammin and Cancel Explanation

Post by euphoria »

Facts:

Conclusion:
Defender broke rule 11 but is exonerated as he was not given room to keep clear.
Jammin did not give Defender room to keep clear and broke rule 16.1.
Defender entitled to redress as his boat was stopped with no fault on his own.

Decision:
Jammin to be disqualified in the race.
Defender given 10 points as redress.

The protest committee

Return to “Race Day 4”