MLS Top Race F2, euphoria requesting redress for disconnection

Post by euphoria »

Submission Type: R

1. Your registered Boat Name: euphoria

2. Race Day: F

3, Group (colour): Blue

4. Race (number): F2

5. Time (in Replay): 28:00

6. Rule(s) applicable: MLS Rule 3.5.1(d)

7. Boat(s) involved: euphoria

8. Description:
I got disconnected 26 minutes into a 29 minute race. I was in a solid 5th place at the moment. Had forced Clande in 6th to tack away and tack back. After I disconnected, there was more wind on the right side of the course and less head current. With 1 less tack than Clande, there is no doubt that I would have finished ahead of him if I had not disconnected. 90% of the race was completed. In F4 wind, puffs are giving big gains. There were no significant wind shifts for the last 3 minutes of the race (Goffe can confirm, who also video recorded the race).

I think a proper redress is 5 points, and that the boats behind are shifted 1 position down because it happened close to finishing. This is in accordance with similar redress cases:
http://vsksailing.rocks/forum/viewtopic ... 3053#p3053
http://vsksailing.rocks/forum/viewtopic ... 4476#p4476

See screenshots from the NOR Team video recorder for real wind from the point of discon to finish showing the puffs on the right side:
img1.png
img1.png (1.52 MiB) Viewed 3111 times
img2.png
img2.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 3111 times
img3.png
img3.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 3111 times

9. Print Screen attached (required for a manual protest): N/A

10. Replay attached (recommended): Yes
MLS 14-F2.Replay.Gbx
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
steviekouris

Re: MLS Top Race F2, euphoria requesting redress for disconnection

Post by steviekouris »

Facts:
euphoria disconnected 90% into the race in 5th position, with a big gap down to 6th (excluding boats being DSQ).

Conclusion:
euphoria is entitled to redress under MLS rule 3.5.1(d). Since it happened so close to the finish line, there was no doubt about the finishing order.

Decision:
euphoria given 5 points as redress. Finishing order of boats behind (originally scored 5th or worse) to be adjusted one position down.

The protest committee
Clande

Post by Clande »

if my grandfather had had wheels it was a cart
orione

Post by orione »

We believe that at the time of Euphoria's disconnection there was not a great gap between him and Clande. In fact, at 25.55 the two boats crossed. At 27.58 minutes Euphoria disconnected. There are still more than 3 minutes to go to the finish. The positions are very close together and anything can still happen. The tournament rules state: "... Compensation will be given as the WORST result that a boat and a team, under normal circumstances, could have achieved."
We therefore believe that the fifth place redress given to Euphoria is unjustified, even for your regulation.

PS. It is always a pleasure to play with you, despite the bias that sometimes clouds the minds of your Committees.

Orione - LUPIDIMARE
euphoria

Post by euphoria »

Please take into the consideration that Clande was DSQ, so the boat to overtake was Jepsom who was far behind...

Harald
cocal

Post by cocal »

This is proof that Orione is right when he writes that in the race committee you have somewhat clouded minds. I add, personally, not on behalf of the Lupi, that I do not let this committee take my nose and therefore my experience with the MLS ends here. Thanks to Goffe and all the organizers of the tournaments I played and all the regatta committees, including Euphoria. Indeed, I especially thank Euphoria, because he taught me how NOT to behave in order to be judged a correct competitor.
P: S: Clande was dsq? Perhaps yes, bur not for sure in this race.
euphoria

Post by euphoria »

Hi Beppe,

I don't understand what you mean with clouded minds. Would you please be specific?

And what do you mean with perhaps Clande was DSQ? He was indeed DSQ and this was obviously taken into account when the committee finally decided the redress, which is also written is the decision.
Quote: "euphoria disconnected 90% into the race in 5th position, with a big gap down to 6th (excluding boats being DSQ)"

Harald
Clande

Post by Clande »

Go and see the replay of the regatta in question, I "Clande" I crossed the finish line fifth that then there were the disconnected (Carlymaster Euphoria) is not my problem, I did not understand why I should be DSQ in this specific regatta when I am not I was involved in no wrong maneuvers neither on my part nor on the part of others, I reached the finish line regularly! if we want to be honest well otherwise play alone than instead of having fun and comparing yourself with others honestly you play the game in the family ... I am a loyal and correct person in life and also in a game like Vsk but if I am taken for I don't really want bottoms believe me !! do you want the fifth position in the regatta? keep it but do not tell me that I am DSQ or that I had a great detachment when you were disconnected because first you wrote that you forced me to turn (from the replay sismo paired) and then after a couple of minutes you disconnected (again from replay we checked the distance of 7 seconds between us) and you call it a great distance ?? more than 3 minutes were missing at the end is to say I would certainly have arrived in front is disrespectful, the accounts are made at the end !! good continuation and happy holidays friend as before !!
Clande

Post by Clande »

sorry I was wrong, I was convinced it was a different race than my DSQ instead it is the same, so my comment above does not make sense, sorry I just woke up and got confused
euphoria

Post by euphoria »

Thanks Marco, all respect to you!
Have a nice holiday.

Harald

Return to “Grand Finale”