Submission Type: P rule 2

1. Your registered Boat Name: Duffy

2. Race Day: Grand Finale

3, Group (colour): Also Ran

4. Race (number): F 3

5. Time (in Replay):1:32

6. Rule(s) applicable: 11 - 20 - 2

7. Boat(s) involved:Regis and Duffy

8. Description:Riges and Duffy on straboard tack closed hauled approating start line.
Duffy luffs up slowly, Regis does not follw in the beginning. Later Regis follows up, but too little too late and Regis gets penalty 11.
Regis decides to bear anway and completely stops my boat. Regis continues to bear away stopping my boat, land Regis gybes still stopping my boat, Regis gets penalty 20.

This sailing is - in my book - bad sportsmanship and a violation of rule 2. I promptly asked Regis to retire from the race, which would have benn the only decend thing to do, but Regis continued racing all teh race unstill just before finish line - slowing down me and other boats during the race.

I ask for Regis breaking ruole 2, and ask for reddress.

9. Print Screen attached (required for a manual protest): y

10. Replay attached (recommended):y
ScreenShot30.bmp
ScreenShot30.bmp (4.69 MiB) Viewed 1245 times
ScreenShot30.bmp
ScreenShot30.bmp
MLS 14-15 Dionne 3.Replay.Gbx
(3.67 MiB) Downloaded 152 times
steviekouris

Re: P Regis Grand Finale Also Ran F 3 Regis

Post by steviekouris »

Facts:

After a situation with Duffy, Regis deliberately crashed into Duffy, causing him to stop completely.

Conclusion:
Regis did not act within the recognized principles of sportsmanship and fair play, hence broke rule 2.

Decision:
Regis to be scored DNE in the race.
Duffy is entitled to redress. Since this incident happened before the start, Duffy is given average points of all his results this season as redress, rounded down, which equals 11 points.

Note:
The protest was submitted after the time limit, but the protest committee has as a policy to protest on any rule 2 situations that comes to its attention. Since this information came to the committee after the time limit, there is a good reason to extend it.

The protest committee

Return to “Grand Finale”