Submission Type:Redress

1.Your registered Boat Name:zee-pol

2.Race Day:5

3.Group (colour):red

4.Race (number):1

5.Time (in Replay):12,00 to 12min 15s

6.Rule(s) applicable:2,10,18,3

7.Boat(s) involved:Thor,Valodea,Albervita,Nick Cromit

8.Description:I was sailing starboard to the top mark. On the port tack were Thor, Valodea, Albertvita and Nick Cromit All these boats were turning from port to starboard in the zone Thor blocked my way and despite trying to avoid contact I was stopped (speed 0) The next contact was with the valodea yacht which, being on the port tack, caused my yacht to come to a stop (another and backing up). Albertvita and Nick cromit also continued to turn from port to starboard in the zone and did not sail fairly (2). Due to this situation I lost a few places. I had a chance to fight for 4th or 5th place.

9.Print Screen attached (required for a manual protest):

10.Replay attached (recommended):
Attachments
Finlandia-MLS(03'01''96).Replay.Gbx
(3.47 MiB) Downloaded 284 times
PC Admin

Re: Mls-12,day 5 Final Group red Redress

Post by PC Admin »

Facts:
Zee on starboard, fetching the topmark.
Nick-Cromit, Albervita and Thor were overlapped on port (windward to leeward in that order).
Nick-Cromit and Albervita tacked ahead of Zee.
Thor started to luff, and Zee sailed straight into him before he passed HTW.
Albervita rounded in 6th position.
Zee lost speed and now has Thor to windward of him.
Then Valodea comes on port and sails straight into Zee the port side of Zee, stopping him again.
Zee rounded the following mark in 7th position.

Conclusion:
Thor did not try to keep clear. He broke rule 10 and rule 2 and shall be scored DNE in the race. Valodea did not try to keep clear. He broke rule 10 and rule 2 and shall be scored DNE in the race. As for redress, Zee was not without any fault of his own for the first situation, as he could have luffed to avoid collision. For the seconds situation, Zee could not do anything, so he would be entitled to redress if the other requirements were fulfilled. However, Zee rounded the following mark in 7th position, which is the same position he would have had even without both crashes, which means his score in the race was not made significantly worse. No redress given.

MLS Protest Committee

Return to “Grande Finale”