Season 12, Race Day FINAL, Group Middle, Race 1, Protest and redress Batboat vs. Parxifal

Batboat

Season 12, Race Day FINAL, Group Middle, Race 1, Protest and redress Batboat vs. Parxifal

Post by Batboat »

Submission Type:
Protest

1.Your registered Boat Name:
Batboat

2.Race Day:
FINALE

3.Group (colour):
Green

4.Race (number):

5.Time (in Replay):
12:00

6.Rule(s) applicable:
10, 2 and 60.1

7.Boat(s) involved:
BatBoat and Parxifal

8.Description:
Batboat is on starboard tack fetching top mark. Parxifal is on the port tack. Parxifal goes above closed hauled and looses speed. Batboat is unable to avoid collision. Parxifal's action is in violation with rule 10 (Parxifal takes penalty turn later). Beside the rule 10, Parxifal's actions should be considered in violation with rule 2 since Batboat is stopped. If Parxifal had avoided the situation Batboat would have been able to keep up mark (by going above closed hauled). Therefore I also ask for redress according to rule 60.1. I was number 3 or 4 when the incident occurred.

I must also point out that I after the incident sailed around the whole fleet to avoid that other sailors got in distress.
I must also point out that Parxifal took his penalty too late, first penalty tack at time: 12.31
Finally I must point out that Parxifal gained a significant advantage by the breach (way ahead of Batboat after taking the penalty) which is in violation with rule 44.1.b

9.Print Screen attached (required for a manual protest):
Yes

10.Replay attached (recommended):
yes
ScreenShot34.bmp
ScreenShot34.bmp (7.91 MiB) Viewed 5236 times
Attachments
Finlandia-MLS(03'01''95).Replay.Gbx
(3.78 MiB) Downloaded 274 times
euphoria

Re: Season 12, Race Day FINAL, Group Middle, Race 1, Protest and redress Batboat vs. Parxifal

Post by euphoria »

3.1.2 Explanations/Manual Protests/Redress Requests submissions, or withdrawal of Manual Protest, must reach the PC before 20:00 CET/CEST the day after the race day.
duffy

Re: Season 12, Race Day FINAL, Group Middle, Race 1, Protest and redress Batboat vs. Parxifal

Post by duffy »

PC - please look at sender time: by Batboat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:58 pm
Best regards
Duffy
euphoria

Post by euphoria »

You probably have the wrong time zone on your forum profile.
See your own timestamp, on the mail submitted 22:18.
And my reply now, which is submitted 22:22.

Harald
Batboat

Post by Batboat »

I made a mistake with the timezone inside the forum. I have corrected that now. So I am within time limit, so I have actually not broken MLS rule 3.1.2. I am sorry! This will not happen again.
euphoria

Post by euphoria »

What do you mean by saying you are within the limit?
The limit was 20:00 CET. The case was filed 20:58 CET.

Harald
PC Admin

Post by PC Admin »

3.1.2 Explanations/Manual Protests/Redress Requests submissions, or withdrawal of Manual Protest, must reach the PC before 20:00 CET/CEST the day after the race day.
No further action,

MLS Protest Committee

Return to “Grande Finale”