1. Your registered Boat Name: euphoria
2. Day: 2
3. Group: Red
4. Race: 6
5. Time: 12:25
6. Rule applicable: 20
7. Boat(s) involved: Cr@zydoc and me
8. Description:

CD and me are sailing steady for 10 seconds towards a bunch of stb boats which are obstructions to us. I hail RTT, but CD does not respond (I can't tack before he responds). Instead he starts bearing away, and I have to bear away hard to avoid crashing with and stopping the stb boats.

After watching the replay, I realized that I also broke a rule in this situation. I therefore have no other option than to retire after finishing, which I informed the race committee about.

9. Print Screen attached: Yes, of RTT hail
10. Replay attached: No

2020-03-10 22_38_13-Greenshot.png
2020-03-10 22_38_13-Greenshot.png (2.81 MiB) Viewed 5304 times
PC Admin

Re: MLS 11 - Day 2 - Group Red - Race 5 - Cancel Explanation

Post by PC Admin »

Facts:
>Crazydoc and Euphoria are on port and over layline, they bear away in order to tack outside the zone.
>Crazydoc is windward of Euphoria.
>Crazydoc must enter in zone in order to avoid RRS 11 from Euphoria.
>Euphoria stays outside zone, and he asks RYY to Crazydoc because of STB boats.
>Crazydoc, being in the zone, doesn’t answer and he forces Euphoria duck behind STB boats (without any hailing).
>When both skippers bear away, there is a collision and Euphoria receives RRS 18, he asks to cancel it.
Decision:
>Euphoria can’t ask RTT here because of RRS 20.1b (he isn’t sailing close hauled or above).
>Euphoria must duck and give enough room to duck to Crazydoc under RRS19.2b.
>Euphoria should be DSQ for breaking RRS 20.1b first, and then RRS 19.2b, but after race, Euphoria RET himself, so no further action against him.
>Crazydoc has no reaction to RTT call, so Crazydoc DSQ for breaking RRS 20.2.
pitcairn56

Re: MLS 11 - Day 2 - Group Red - Race 5 - Cancel Explanation

Post by pitcairn56 »

Hello,
Although having acknowledged the facts, the cancellation of the penalty has still been made, is not justifiable, I am surprised not to see a DSQ (17 points) against Euphoria. Which should cause the same penalty in terms of points as crazydoc.A boat that should take a penalty and which does not necessarily affect the race of others even with the most honest thoughts after race. Maybe an involuntary error on your part. Best regards

Return to “Race Day 2”